General Data Protection Regulation — A message to our readers
You are probably heartily fed up with the initials GDPR. I certainly am. But I recognise that in the long term the regulation could be a useful means of preventing spam and avoiding unauthorised supply of personal data to third parties.
Unfortunately even Macfilos has become enmeshed in the regrettable amount of bureaucracy ushered in by GDPR. This message is aimed specifically at the thousand or so readers who have registered to receive our daily bulletin.
We are investigating if we need to take extra steps, but essentially our position is quite clear:
- Your email address and, if provided, your name is stored on our behalf by MailChimp for the sole purpose of distributing periodic notices relating to articles appearing on Macfilos.com.
- Your details will not be divulged by Macfilos to third parties and will be used solely for the above purpose.
- Every communication includes the option to unsubscribe.
HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE
The daily mailing is welcomed, I know, by the vast majority of you and I hope you will be happy to continue receiving it. If you do not wish to continue receiving updates, please unsubscribe using the link when you receive this article in today’s distribution. I will be really sorry to see you go but I do understand if you wish to leave us.
If you are new to this and would like to subscribe to the newsletter (weekdays only) please use the link below.
- Subscribe to Macfilos for free updates on articles as they are published
- Want to comment on this article but having problems?